Principali funzionalità di VMware Cloud on AWS
L'unica soluzione di hybrid cloud che permette di modernizzare, proteggere e scalare le applicazioni basate su vSphere grazie ad AWS, il public cloud leader a livello mondiale.
Funzionalità di classe enterprise
- Utilizzo di capacità di elaborazione, storage e networking prevedibili e ad alte prestazioni offerte da VMware vSphere®, vSAN™ e NSX® ed eseguite sulla moderna infrastruttura elastica e bare-metal Amazon EC2 basata sul sistema Nitro.
- Continuità operativa delle applicazioni garantita grazie a funzionalità integrate direttamente nel servizio come vSphere HA, DRS, correzione automatica degli host e cluster estesi per la disponibilità dell'infrastruttura con RPO pari a zero.
- Prevenzione della diffusione laterale delle minacce grazie a microsegmentazione NSX dinamica basata su policy e firewall distribuiti.
Simple and consistent operations
- Reduce your operational overhead and achieve your cloud strategy faster, whether it is migration, extension or protection, by leveraging existing skills, tools, processes and familiar VMware technologies.
- Get a single inventory view of both on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS resources using vCenter Server technology.
- Leverage the in-product, unified support experience that brings together intelligent search, chat support, service request management, service health and community help, available at your fingertips.
- Align costs to your business needs with flexible consumption options and investment protection.
- Consume on-demand hourly, or take advantage of one-year and three-year reserved models for deeper discounts.
- Get started rapidly and provision an entire VMware SDDC environment in 2 hours.
- Add or remove hosts in minutes or let Elastic DRS to do it automatically based on optimal utilisation.
Familiar and seamless
- Continue using your familiar VMware technologies - plus a broad range of third party technology solution providers that are validated to work with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Leverage a single point of contact for all your support issues.
- Focus on your apps while VMware and its partners take care of infrastructure patches and upgrades.
- Empower your infrastructure teams to run the most resource-intensive apps with all the performance, availability and scale requirements they need, while your development teams focus on your business requirements.
It's nearly 3x more likely that a company is rated as a Digital Transformation Leader* when fully empowering employees.
*Pioneers plus leaders
Empowered employees in firms who make apps available and highly accessible report:
- 17% less time spent on manual processes
- 16% increase in team collaboration
- 16% faster decision making
Empowered employees, compared to traditional employees, are more likely by nearly:
- 5 x to report gain in personal productivity
- 4 x to report their company us a more desirable place to work
- 2 x to report that apps are very important in accelerating decision-making in the company
Empowered employees, compared to traditional employees, project for their firms:
- 34% greater increase in effciency
- Almost 2x the increase in service quality
- HR efficiencies for recruiting (69%) and onboarding of new employees (59%)
Plus, 87% of all CIOs surveyed believe that digitally empowering their employees can drive at least 5% additional revenue growth over 3 years.
CIOs and employees share very different views, both in where their companies are versus peers in providing technology to employees, and about the availability, utility, and freedom to use employee technologies at work.
This indicates a degree of disappointment by employees, and a complacency in CIOs which can lead to a dangerous disconnect that may impact a firm’s performance.
Le 5 principali sfide per la migrazione delle applicazioni al cloud
Per poter beneficiare dei vantaggi del public cloud, le aziende devono però innanzitutto adottare questa soluzione. Questo brief esplora le 5 principali sfide e di come VMC su AWS possa essere la soluzione ideale.